YYTF Welcomes New Partnership
with Carpe Diem Sports Enhancement
Yorkville Youth Tackle Football is proud to announce a new partnership with Carpe Diem Sports Enhancement, founded by CEO Tavian Banks, former NFL player with the Jacksonville Jaguars and the New Orleans Saints and Heisman Trophy Candidate while at the University of Iowa. Tavian is an elite trainer, specializing in training programs for all ages and certified as a Nike/Sparq Certified Trainer.
Carpe Diem is offering YYTF athletes specialized training for individual or group sessions, which includes fitness training to improve:
*Core Strength *Coordination
Carpe Diem will provide YYTF families a discounted rate of $125 for 8 1-hour training sessions per month. The regular rate at Carpe Diem is $150 for 8 1-hour training sessions. Registration is now open to receive this special offer.
If interested, please call Tavian Banks at (630) 383-9607 to register your YYTF athlete for upcoming training sessions. For further information, you may also visit the Carpe Diem website at www.carpediemsports.com. When registering, be sure to mention that you are a current YYTF athlete.
Carpe Diem Open House
In order to familiarize YYTF families with Carpe Diem Sports Enhancement, YYTF and Carpe Diem are sponsoring an Open House this Saturday, December 20 from 9:00—11:00 AM. Carpe Diem Sports Enhancement is located at 728 E. Veterans Parkway, Suite 101 in Yorkville.
Live sports enhancement demonstrations will provide our YYTF athletes with knowledge of the training equipment, its proper usage, and how these training sessions will improve your skills. Video demonstrations will also show current Carpe Diem athletes completing various training sessions. Food and drinks will be served.
YYTF welcomes our partnership with Carpe Diem Sports Enhancement and look forward to many rewarding years with Carpe Diem!
Go Foxes! Seize the Day!
Dear all YYTF Families:
The YYTF Board of Directors will be conducting our December 2014 Board Meeting next week, and we would like you to join us.
Although all Board meetings are always open to the public, we wish to extend a special invitation to you to join us next Thursday, December 18 from 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm in the Faculty Lounge at Yorkville Middle School. Please enter the building through Door 19.
The primary purpose of this meeting is to let our YYTF families know about our new Registration fees, deadlines, and policies as we begin our preparations for the 2015 season. Additionally, we are always looking for new folks to join our committees and to take leadership roles within YYTF, and at this meeting, we will discuss some of those opportunities.
If you have any questions or concerns, your call is always welcome on my cell phone at (630) 362-0918.
I hope you can join us next week!
Football games will be played in the rain unless lightening is present. All athletes are to report to your scheduled game or practice field at the scheduled time. Most games are cancelled at the field because it is impossible to know if the weather will clear by game time. We will try our best to get games in, even if they are a bit delayed. Unless you have been contacted by your coach, consider your game/practice to still be scheduled.
Rush-Copley generously donated a new scoreboard. We thank them for their commitment to our community!
Welcome to the 2014 season!
As Yorkville Youth Tackle Football and Cheerleading continues to evolve, we are always searching for new and innovative ways to improve upon our organization. For the past three years, we have competed in the Midwest Youth Big 12 Conference, which includes teams from DeKalb, Kaneland and Burlington. These communities were brought together in 2011 as a reflection of our high school conference.
Playing in this conference has brought new challenges to our program, but this experience has also ignited the robust flames of our athletes’ competitive spirits. For example, in the Fall of 2013, Yorkville sent three teams to the playoffs (10U Red, 10U Black and 11U Black), and YYTF produced our first Super Bowl Champions. On October 27, the 11U Black brought the Super Bowl Trophy home! Many congratulations to Coach Mispagel, his coaching staff and the 11U Black football players! Way to go!
As we move into 2014 conference play, our objectives are to make greater gains from a competitive perspective against our MYFC Big 12 opponents and have even more teams vie for the championship!
The structure for the 2014 season will remain the same as last year. The MYFC Big 12 Conference is made up of single age groups: 8u, 9u, 10u, and 11u. The ages will be based on school year, so your child will play with his/her classmates. Similar to last season, we will allow 7 year olds to play with the 8u teams.
Also, like last season, we will have at least two flights of teams per age level: a red flight, a black flight, and a white flight, if our registration continues to grow. It is our intent to keep all siblings in the same flight. We will have similar rules of play in terms of weight limits, based on conference regulations. While the final weight limits have not yet been finalized by the conference, they will be approximately the same as last season’s weight restrictions. For further rules of play, please see the MYFC Big 12 website.
The 2014 season for our 7th grade travel schedule will be structured similarly to last season. In order to pragmatically develop players’ football skills and guarantee even more playing time for each athlete, one 7th grade team will play a schedule similar to the YMS 8th grade schedule, while another one or two 7th grade teams—depending on registration numbers—will play a schedule consisting of schools from Batavia, Aurora, and the surrounding communities. This change will allow more players to see the field on a regular basis and will foster a greater sense of success and achievement.
Flag Football is returning in 2014. The inception in 2013 was a huge success and will remain much the same this season. The Flag program is for 5 & 6 year olds, as well as 7 year olds that feel they are not ready to begin the tackle program. This program is structured as an in-house flag football program. Our athletes will learn the Yorkville football terminology and run designed plays used by the Yorkville High School Varsity team. By competing in the YYTF Flag Football program, our athletes will learn the game in the Yorkville tradition, which will allow for a smoother transition to tackle football in the years to come.
All YYTF teams will be drafted the same way we have done in the past to guarantee parity between the teams. All kids will be evaluated and drafted to a team. There are no tryouts, and there are no cuts.
Overall, it is our hope to capture the spirit of an in-house league which emphasizes play time and development, and still give every child the opportunity of a “travel” experience. Each team will have a minimum of 8 games. At the end of regular season games, we will have playoffs and a “Super Bowl” for those teams in the MYFC Big 12.
As we begin our 2014 season, please make a note of all YYTF registration dates, fees, and regulations. Also, please be sure to check dates for equipment pick-up and practice start dates.
1) Registration for the tackle football and cheer program is open from April 15th and continues through June 15th. In early June, YYTF must declare how many teams we will have in the MYFC conference. After this date, we are unable to add teams to accommodate a large influx of new football players. Therefore, beginning on June 16th, an additional $100 late fee will be charged to all athletes in addition to the regular registration fee. Athletes registering after June 16th will be placed on a waiting list in the order that they register. Once we determine how much space is left on teams at each level, players will be contacted and their registration will be confirmed. We highly recommend registering prior to June 15th to guarantee that your athlete has secured a place on a team.
2) For the tackle program, registration for football players is $175. Registration for returning cheerleaders is $160, and new cheerleaders is $190. The difference in fees between the new and returning cheerleaders is the cost of their cheer jacket. There is also a processing fee that is charged and collected by our website company to enable us to use online registration. This fee is around $8.
3) All tackle football and cheer athletes must submit a current health physical. Please look under the "Football" or "Cheer" tab on the yytf.org website to download a copy of this form.
4) All FOOTBALL PLAYERS ONLY must submit 2 copies of their birth certificate - originals will not be accepted. Cheerleaders do not need to supply a birth certificate this year.
5) For the tackle football program, all sports physicals, birth certificates, and an additional $150 equipment/volunteer deposit check (per athlete) MUST be submitted during equipment handout for both football players and cheerleaders. Equipment will not be given out to your athlete unless you present all of these items. The $150 check deposit will be fully refunded to you at the end of the season when you return your equipment and complete your required volunteer hours. You will also have the option to pay $150 (per athlete) up front and opt out of any volunteer requirements.
6) New this year, the flag football and cheer parents will also be required to submit an additional $150 equipment/volunteer deposit check (per athlete). This MUST be submitted during equipment handout for both football players and cheerleaders. Equipment will not be given out to your athlete unless you present all of these items. The $150 check deposit will be fully refunded to you at the end of the season when you return your equipment and complete your required volunteer hours. You will also have the option to pay $150 (per athlete) up front and opt out of any volunteer requirements.
All home games will be played at Yorkville Middle School, and all practices will be held at a location to be determined. Equipment handout will be held on July 21st and 22nd at Yorkville Middle School. The 10u, 11u and 7th grade football players will pick up their equipment between 5:30pm and 7:30pm July 21st. The 8U, 9U and all cheerleaders can pick up their equipment from 5:30pm and 7:30pm at YMS on July 22.nd A complete schedule of games for the 2014 season will be available in mid-August. Watch the website for additional information, dates, and DIBs volunteer opportunities.
Like last season, weekly "weigh-ins" will be conducted prior to each game. For all of the conference's rules and regulations, check out the Midwest Youth Big 12 Football Conference website at http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=myfc.
Also, in accordance of the school district policy, tobacco products and dogs are not allowed at YYTF practices or games. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please continue to check our website on a regular basis for further news and details. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via email located on our website. We are always open to suggestions that you may have for improving our organization. Finally, if you are looking to get involved with YYTF, please contact me directly via email.
As always, thank you for your support and dedication to YYTF. We are very excited about the upcoming changes to YYTF this season and look forward to the continued pursuit of excellence from our athletes and coaches as they compete in 2014.
We look forward to another great season in 2014! Go Foxes!
Home: (630) 553-5415
Cell: (630) 362-0918