Dates for the first day of practice and equipment pickup will be available soon.
They will likely be within the last 2 weeks of July.
Emails will be sent to families that were registered in the 2013 season to let them know when registration is open.
Football games will be played in the rain unless lightening is present. All athletes are to report to your scheduled game or practice field at the scheduled time. Most games are cancelled at the field because it is impossible to know if the weather will clear by game time. We will try our best to get games in, even if they are a bit delayed. Unless you have been contacted by your coach, consider your game/practice to still be scheduled.
Rush-Copley generously donated a new scoreboard. We thank them for their commitment to our community!
Welcome to the 2013 season!
As Yorkville Youth Tackle Football and Cheerleading continues to evolve, we are always searching for new and innovative ways to improve upon our organization. For the past two years, we have competed in the Midwest Youth Big 12 Conference, which includes teams from DeKalb, Kaneland, and Burlington. These communities were brought together in 2011 as a reflection of our high school conference.
Playing in this conference has brought new challenges to our program, but this experience has also ignited the robust flames of our athletes’ competitive spirits. To be sure, Yorkville sent five teams to the playoffs last season, the most we have had reach post-season play since the inception of the conference. In addition, we had our 10 U Black Team advance to the Super Bowl, which is the second YYTF team to play for a championship since we joined the MYFC Big 12. Our goal as we move into 2013 conference play is to make greater gains from a competitive perspective against our MYFC Big 12 opponents and have even more teams vie for the championship!
The structure for the 2013 season will remain the same as last year. The MYFC Big 12 Conference is made up of single age groups: 8u, 9u, 10u, and 11u. The ages will be based on school year, so your child will play with his/her classmates. Similar to last season, we will allow 7 year olds to play with the 8u teams.
Also, like last season, we will have at least two flights of teams per age level: a red flight, a black flight, and a white flight, if our registration continues to grow. It is our intent to keep all siblings in the same flight. We will have similar rules of play in terms of weight limits, based on conference regulations. While the final weight limits have not yet been finalized by the conference, they will be approximately the same as last season’s weight restrictions. For further rules of play, please see the MYFC Big 12 website.
The 2013 season also brings some exciting changes to YYTF. First, our 7th grade travel schedule will be structured somewhat differently this year. In order to pragmatically develop players’ football skills and guarantee even more playing time for each athlete, one 7th grade team will play a schedule similar to the YMS 8th grade schedule, while another one or two 7th grade teams—depending on registration numbers—will play a schedule consisting of schools from Batavia, Aurora, and the surrounding communities. This change will allow more players to see the field on a regular basis and will foster a greater sense of success and achievement.
Additionally, YYTF is adding Flag Football for our community’s younger athletes. For 5 & 6 year olds, as well as 7 year olds that feel they are not ready to begin the tackle program, we are forming an in-house flag football program. Our athletes will learn the Yorkville football terminology, run designed plays used by the Yorkville High School Varsity team, and compete in a year-end Flag Football Jamboree against other conference Flag Football teams. By competing in the YYTF Flag Football program, our athletes will learn the game in the Yorkville tradition, which will allow for a smoother transition to tackle football in the years to come. We hope you are as excited about this great opportunity as we are!
All YYTF teams will be drafted the same way we have done in the past to guarantee parity between the teams. All kids will be evaluated and drafted to a team. There are no tryouts, and there are no cuts.
Overall, it is our hope to capture the spirit of an in-house league which emphasizes play time and development, and still give every child the opportunity of a “travel” experience. Each team will have a minimum of 8 games. At the end of regular season games, we will have playoffs and a “Super Bowl” for those teams in the MYFC Big 12.
As we begin our 2013 season, please make a note of all YYTF registration dates, fees, and regulations. Also, please be sure to check dates for equipment pick-up and practice start dates.
1) Registration for the tackle football and cheer program is scheduled to open on March 15 continue through May 31st. In early June, YYTF must declare how many teams we will have in the MYFC conference. After this date we are unable to add teams to accomodate a large influx of new football players. Therefore, beginning on June 1st, an additional $100 late fee will be charged to all athletes in addition to the regular registration fee. Athletes registering after June 1st will be placed on a waiting list in the order that they register. Once we determine how much space is left on teams at each level, players will be contacted and their registration will be confirmed. We highly recommend registering prior to May 31st to guarantee that your athlete has secured a place on a team.
2) For the tackle program, registration for football players is $175. Registration for returning cheerleaders is $160 and new cheerleaders is $190. The difference in fees between the new and returning cheerleaders is the cost of their cheer jacket. There is also a processing fee that is charged and collected by our website company to enable us to use online registration. This fee is around $8.
3) All tackle football and cheer athletes must submit a current health physical. Please look under the "Football" or "Cheer" tab on the yytf.org website to download a copy of this form.
4) All FOOTBALL PLAYERS ONLY must submit a copy of their birth certificate - originals will not be accepted. Cheerleaders do not need to supply a birth certificate this year.
5) For the tackle football program, all sports physicals, birth certificates, and an additional $150 equipment/volunteer deposit check (per athlete) MUST be submitted during equipment handout for both football players and cheerleaders. Equipment will not be given out to your athlete unless you present all of these items. The $150 check deposit will be fully refunded to you at the end of the season when you return your equipment and complete your required volunteer hours. You will also have the option to pay $150 (per athlete) up front and opt out of any volunteer requirements.
All home games will be played at Yorkville Middle School, and all practices will be held behind Autumn Creek Elementary School. Equipment handout will be held on July 22nd and 23rd at Yorkville Middle School. The 10u, 11u and 7th grade football players will pick up their equipment between 5:30 and 7:30 July 22. The 8U, 9U and all cheerleaders can pick up their equipment from 5:30 and 7:30 at YMS on July 23. A complete schedule of games for the 2013 season will be available in mid August. Watch the website for additional information, dates, and DIBs volunteer opportunities.
Like last season, weekly "weigh-ins" will be conducted prior to each game. For all of the conference's rules and regulations, check out the Midwest Youth Big 12 Football Conference website at http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=myfc.
Also, in accordance of the school district policy, tobacco products and dogs are not allowed at YYTF practices or games. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please continue to check our website on a regular basis for further news and details. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via email located on our website. We are always open to suggestions that you may have for improving our organization. Finally, if you are looking to get involved with YYTF, please contact me directly via email.
As always, thank you for your support and dedication to YYTF. We are very excited about the upcoming changes to YYTF this season and look forward to the continued pursuit of excellence from our athletes and coaches as they compete in 2013.
We look forward to another great season in 2013! Go Foxes!
Home: (630) 553-5415
Cell: (630) 362-0918